Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Some how, Some Way

Early today Marley was fussing.  I brought her into her bedroom and tried distracting here with the items on her dresser.  As so often happens, her attention was directed towards the two pictures of Ryan that I have set out on her shelf.   The minute her eyes locked on the picture, her crying ceased and she said, “Hi” in her Marley sing-song voice.  This was incredible, but what happened next absolutely floored me.  After a minute of staring, she smiled and softly cooed, “Daddy”.  At the most, you likely believe I’m making this up and at the least exaggerating, but I am telling the story exactly as it happened.  Somehow, some way, she knows who her daddy is.  Somehow, some way, his face calms her.

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible moment for you! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan is always with Marley. Whether you believe in angels, heaven or whatever.....She is a part of him and he is a part of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of your previous entries have made me emotional, but this one instantly brought me to tears. what an amazing moment.

    ReplyDelete