Saturday, January 22, 2011

My New Normal

 "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."  -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 
 
     Last night my wireless Internet stopped working so I called Time Warner and fixed it myself.  This afternoon I needed a rug so I went to Pottery Barn, bought a rug, drove to the loading dock, picked up the rug, brought it home, carried it in and unrolled it myself.  This evening my cable wasn't working so I called Time Warner yet again and fixed it myself.  All of these things would have fallen on Ryan, but here I am, figuring it all out by myself.  I've finally begun to accept that life without Ryan is my new normal and I'd never say it was easy, but what I can say is that I'm doing it, everyday I'm living my life one step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I understand that there is some comfort in knowing you can handle these moments and that you're stronger for it, but please DO NOT EVER hesitate to call if you need help or want help. I'd love to come and help you and I know Jim would be there is a heartbeat. You're a strong, amazing woman. Marley is so lucky to have you for a mom.

    ReplyDelete